Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring break

Hello everyone!
Last weekend was really fun! We went to Idaho and participated in the annual Easter egg hunt.










Josh took the kids on a ride behind the mower and they LOVED it! Except Miles, he was a little scared and Stori was undecided.

I learned it is very difficult to hunt for specific eggs with Miles and Tommy.  Luckily Maizy helped T and it worked out. By the time we came back it was time for Joel to come home! Unluckily for him…it was April fools day. The girls had big plans. They like to give “the chills” with the “ten knives in your back blood is dripping down, crack an egg on your head, let the yolk run down” ….etc. Well this summer Maizy did it but she blew the egg out and filled it with water (I made her take most of it out) and she smashed it on Joel’s head when she was giving him “the chills”. He really thought it was egg and they were screaming with laughter. She wanted to do it again but actually use a real egg. I said I couldn’t tell her that was okay but she wanted to do it anyway. Millie wanted to screw a concrete screw into the top of his head after Maizy smashed the egg. I told her no way on that one, so she settled for making him close his eyes and taste a pickle. Joel almost got mad when he realized the egg was real and even kind of tasted the pickle. He is a good Dad!


 Ken came and tore the whole garage down with his little Bobcat! It was pretty impressive. He is going to use the trusses and garage door, so I don’t feel so guilty about him doing that hard work.


 We FINALLY dug! We now have footings and the garage is down! Joel also put another outside door in our room (as if one wasn't more than enough) with a window in it. This is the door for the new location. I LOVE being able to see the yard without the garage in the way! Two Mom’s came with a whole brood of little kids and took load after load of cinder blocks away, literally thousands of pounds. One wanted to make a wall in her yard for years but didn’t have the money for the cinderblocks and the other one wanted to put a little two foot wall around a flower garden. That worked out well for us but now we have to figure out something to do with the thousands of lbs of footings and foundation! We have been without a furnace for a week and a half. We have just been using our fireplace (which actually works really well, it is still above 70 in our house in the morning). We are almost out of wood though so hopefully the inspector can come tomorrow and Questar can come hook us back up or we might get really cold! Like when we came home from Salt Lake! (there is a hair dryer in there with them)

We went to Salt Lake on Saturday and stayed at Little America again which the kids just LOVE and came home today. We listened to afternoon conference on the way down, shopped at Target, swam, ate (at Hires, YUM!), swam and did very little sleeping, ate breakfast in our room, swam and drove home during the morning session of conference. It worked out great and was a fun little spring break activity. Here is a hazard of having the same swimsuit as your sister who is not the same size as you. (I should clarify, they accidentally put on the wrong swim suit and it took them a minute to realize Maizy's was WAY too small and Millies was WAY too big!)
I found these cute little notes from Maizy and Millie to each other in the hotel.
This little guy...oh man. We call him Tommy Tornado but he gets mad and says "NO, I not a tornado, I'm a balcano!" We walked into the swimming pool and Joel and I were putting our shoes away and I was watching him closely and saw his walk over to the edge of the pool. I saw a man and his wife look at each other and I think she told him to watch him. I couldn't believe what I saw him do. He got really close to the edge and then put his hands up and bounce a couple of times as he was ready to jump in! I saw a look of panic on the man's face. I yelled and he came back. We went into the pool and the man said laughing "he was going to jump!" I just had to say "I know" and shake my head. I don't know what to do with our little bolcano!

3 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. LOVED the pictures of the egg hunt. All the cousins look so adorable. We really missed being there. Your spring break trip looked so fun. And the swimming suits are perfect;) Anything is worth matching your sista! Keep the pictures coming on your house. Fun to see the progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some WAY cute pictures of your kids on easter! I love the "Easter hair" the girls have! :) I didn't know you were going to SLC! How fun! Those notes are ridiculously cute! What little sweeties! Even cute little Tommy Tornado! "Say yes," NO! "say yes" NO! "say yes" YES. "Mom, her said yes!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to hear and see the progress on your house- that will be so nice for you guys when it's all done :) Love all the pics and stories of your kids!

    ReplyDelete