Sunday, April 7, 2013

Havasu Happenings

We've had a fun week with my mom and dad here.  They left to go home early this morning and are probably enjoying some quiet time after being around all of our noisy, rambunctious, boys all week.  It was so nice to have them here.  I don't know what I'm going to do without my mom here to help out with the kids, cooking, and cleaning.  We might just have to have Ramen Noodles for dinner and a messy house for a little while- ha, ha!  My mom asked me lastnight- "Are you going to be okay?"  I jokingly said- "If you hear a story on the news about a mom in Lake Havasu who went crazy, you'll know it was me." :)   

Ryder had his 2-week check up on Monday.  He weighed 11 lbs., 7 oz., so he's gained almost 2 pounds in 2 weeks!  We love our little chunky monkey!!  Levi has a little cough and we think he got Ryder sick because he's been stuffed up the last couple of nights- poor little guy :(   Can't believe he's already 3 weeks old now!!  My how the time flies!

Levi is fearless sometimes. We decided to go with a 6 ft. fence instead of a 5 ft. fence because we thought for sure the kids wouldn't try to climb that high.  Well- a few days after the fence was up our door-bell rang, and guess who it was???  Yep- little Levi had climbed up and over the fence and ran around to the front door!!  I guess we're going to have to get those privacy slats so he won't be able to climb- the little stinker! 

Max is loving being back in preschool after being off for spring break.  His backpack, which had mysteriously disappeared, re-appeared today and he was so excited!!  He said "Mom- I have to show you something!"  He took me in his room over to the closet and said "It was hiding in the closet!"

Jon needs a haircut (along with the rest of the boys) and has been spending a lot of time in the bathroom combing his hair. 

Taylor made the local newspaper this past week.  He was the only 6th grader in his whole school to get straight A's this past quarter!!

Jen is slowly adjusting to having a new baby around again- spending most of the day (and night) nursing and the rest of the day trying to keep Levi and Max from squishing their new little brother- they just love him soooooo much! :) 

Tyler is anxious for Summer Break!  Only 7 more weeks!  He's enjoying being a new dad again is doing a great job at helping out while I'm in recovery/no sleep mode.  We went to the Wrestling Banquet Monday night and the wrestlers all pitched in and got plaques for the coaches which was pretty neat.  They had a little farewell for the Head Coach who announced that this was his last year coaching.  Everyone kept asking Tyler if he was going anywhere.  It was really neat to see how Tyler interacted with the wrestlers and how much they look up to him.  He actually put his name in for the Head Wrestling Coach position a couple months ago.  He hasn't heard back yet, but is hoping to get the position.

Wish we could have been in Idaho this weekend to spend time with the family.  Can't believe it's been 5 years now since we were all gathered at the homestead in Lewisville and Bridget came running in to be with everyone.  Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday.  Thankful for the knowledge of eternal life and that we have the opportunity to be with our loved ones who have passed on again someday. 

(From Tyler)  It's hard to believe it has been 5 years since Dad finished time here on earth.  I have really felt him close the last couple weeks.  The veil is still really thin for little Ryder and every time he smiles or giggles in his sleep we just assume he is with his grandpa.  Every time I sit in our chair and hold him he always stares very intently at the picture of dad.  There is hardly a day that passes that i don't think of dad, and I constantly strive to be the kind of dad he was.   

We hope everyone enjoyed conference as much as we did and that we can all take what we learned and strive to be better.  Hope everyone has a good week!  Oh- and congrats Mel and Dan on another little girl on the way!  So fun!

4 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. that was such a good post. We're feeling Grandpa close here too. Jen, I wish I lived closer and could help you out. It's so hard. You can do it! You're right, just try not to worry about the messes and the dinners, just enjoy whatever happens that's good. Like every second that you get to hold that sweet newborn. Love you! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Kristie! I wish you were closer too! Not so you could help out, although that would be fabulous, but so we could hang out and our kids could play together :) I miss being around family. Love your advice to "just enjoy whatever happens that's good."

      Delete
  2. Jen, does little Ryder have RED HAIR???? in the picture on Facebook I could swear he has red hair! :) :)
    I wish I could go to AZ and play with all those little kids so you could nap or just relax in your bedroom for a few minutes! :) Plus I need to play with them cause I miss them soooo much!
    I hope Ty get's that head coaching job! He would be so amazing! Way to go Taylor! Such a smart little kid! I want to see pictures of them with their long hair and of Levi climbing a 6 foot fence haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when the light hits Ryder's hair just right it does look a little reddish :) I don't know if it will stay that way, but maybe. Wish you could come to AZ too :) I will have to try to take a picture of them and their long-ish hair tomorrow before I cut it. Haircuts are going to be our Family Night activity :)

      Delete