Once again, another week has flown by. Chris was gone until Friday, so I was the main cook and bottlewasher. ( not really very different from most days :) ) The romodel on the basement at the shop is almost finished....it will include more ovens, sink ,cabinets, counter space, washer, dryer, storage, and a five speaker system with internet radio.! There will also be an elevator. :) We will be moving the choc dipping machine and the packaging down as well. Chris came back from Utah with a commercial mixer that two men struggled to carry downstairs....can't wait to try that monster! Sure hope it makes a huge difference in how much we are able to accomplish! I, for one, am looking forward to working downstairs in the peace and quiet. My years of growing up in the public eye has made me so I don't really enjoy working up front. :{ But, to be fair, most people are really very nice....the rare rude and clueless ones tend to send me over the edge though....... :)
Amber Aullman Andrews came on monday ....she will be staying with me for a short time until she can move into the house on the Lewisville highway that she will be renting. It has been really fun to have her here ( for the short amount of time she spends here......mostly just to sleep ) . Having her here does have it's perks...one night she brought home take out salad bar and lobster bisque from Jakers, and last night she brought enchiladas. Nice.
Leo Selman passed away on Tuesday afternoon...Gary Walker stopped by to visit, and found him sitting on his porch. It has been just a year and a half since Darlene passed away. Leo had been having problems....while I was in AZ, he had a heart attack at church. He had heart surgery and was in intensive care for quite a while. One funny note.....they had to take a stionary bike into ICU so he could ride. I would bet that was a first. :) He was used to riding twenty miles a day on his bike at home. So sad to have them both gone.
Now to get to accomplishing my goals..... my plan was to rake and mow my yard, and wash my windows.....well, what I actally accomplished was slightly less.... :) I spent ten hours raking and hauling leaves and branches....on just the front and part of the side yard :( It sure looks a lot better though! And, since I don't ever add pictures, I will give you a little visual image.... I wore my black comfy pants, and a black longsleeved t shirt. By the time I was finished, I was covered head to toe in dust and sweat ! another image I want you to see is the heaping burn pile out in the field. It feels really good to have that much done. One annoying thing... for most of the day, I was using the lawn mower with the wagon to haul out to the field....then some part fell off of the mower and it quit working.....don't have a clue what it is......I really, really dislike that mower! Good thing I have a wheelbarrow. :)
One last thing I have to tell you....... a quote from Ephraim. We were in the car, and I was sitting next to him. Ephraim..... " can you do this? " he then puffs air in to his cheeks and makes the air go back and forth.....I dutifully demonstrate that I can indeed do that. Ephraim immediately says with great sympathy in his voice..... "It's really hard when your face is all squishy and cracky." It caught me so off guard, that I laughed until I couldn'y breathe! You've gotta love kids! :)
I am so grateful Aleisa got good news this week!
Wishing you all a happy and productive week! Love to all of you!
TEN HOURS!!! holy mokes you crazy lady! I wish dan wouldn't have worked all day yesterday, he could have hauled all the branches away! I was going to go out there but stori slept the entire day! Next weekend we'll head out there and work
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you worked outside for that long! I am volunteering our services but I don't think it will do much good since I'm not real sure when that will be, but count us in!
ReplyDelete